Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Update

It's been a while, but I have so many things to update all of you lovely readers on!

ELEMENTAL

Okay, I actually don't have anything new here.  At this point, my query is out with agents with very slow response times--like weeks to months slow.  I'm still sending more out and plan on getting another ten out today.

HANSEL AND GRETEL

Moving along very well.  I will admit I hoped to have been done with the first draft by this point, but this plot is so complex that there's no way I could have punched it out in a few weeks.  Right now, I'm adding those scenes in the beginning it started to become apparent I needed but thought I could wait on.  I couldn't wait.  They're pretty important scenes that basically set the tone for future relationships.

TALES OF MORCAH

Big news!  Big, BIG news!  I signed up for NaNoWriMo and this is the novel I'll be working on!  I'm really kinda terrified about this.  I've never done NaNo before and I'm really hoping I can pull it off.  *crosses fingers*  If you're doing NaNo, too, then tell us all about your novel!

HUGE NEWS OF MAJOR EXCITEMENT AND IMPORTANCE!!!!


I'm going to my first writers conference ever!  Yay!  I signed up for the SCBWI Winter Conference in NYC last week.  Unfortunately, I wasn't wealthy enough to sign up for the intensives scheduled for the day before the conference, but I'm still excited.  How about you guys?  Anyone here going to the Winter Conference?  If you are, we definitely need to meet up!  Maybe grab some chow in China Town or something. :D

And if you don't plan on going, what can I say to convince you?  ;)

12 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that you're going to the NYC winter conference. I wish I could go, but living in Kansas, the air fare, hotels, etc... Nope I'm just an unpublished writer. Maybe someday though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be doing NaNoWriMo again this year, third time. My plan is to revisit my first novel attempt, YA Paranormal, which needs rewritten from the ground up. I'm going in with a vague idea of plot and a good handle on some characters, but otherwise nothing.

    If you want to friend me, my nick is the same (Mesmerix).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa--Yeah, it's very expensive. Luckily, I live near Buffalo, NY, so the airfare isn't that steep.

    Mesmerix--How fun! I've never had the guts to do it until this year. Eek! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not doing NaNo...too much work in the editing department. The conference sounds great. I've been to many, all of them here in Denver. Learn much and be sure you have the day after conference off so you can recuperate.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with nano/ queries/ conferences/ rewrites/ drafting/ life!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking about maybe trying to do NaNo this year. Maybe I'll punch out one of the novels my hubby and I have been discussing for awhile. Either that or I'll do one of the space adventures I've contemplated. One's a space race, and the other is a colonization story.

    I can't wait to hear about the conference. That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun, the national SCBWI conference! I just got back from an Oregon SCBWI fall retreat, all energized for revision and writing; I enjoyed it so much. I'll be busy doing revisions in November still, or working on my WIP--so I won't be doing NaNo. But good luck on it for you! I've heard NaNo is a really helpful and motivating tool for a lot of people. Maybe someday I'll actually try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be joining you for NaNo this year! Have added you to my buddy list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No NaNo for me. The conference sounds like a whole lot of fun. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh have fun at SCBWI! I did the summer con and had an awesome time. I'm 50/50 about doing the winter one, just because I have a different obligation on that same date... TRYING to decide if I should cancel or not...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you'll love your first writer's conference. I loved mine! I was nervous though and very very shy. :D

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D