I just noticed this today, but I just HAD to participate!
Rules of the blogfest:
"Music moves us. It inspires us! Now, tell the world YOUR ten favorite songs of all time. The Song, the band – why does it move you?"
To see a list of all the other participants in Alex J. Cavenaugh's Music Blogfest, click here.
So, just to warn you, my taste tends to be a tad eclectic. As you're listening, you might wonder how the same person could like all these different songs, but I assure you, I have my reasons! :)
1. Favorite Romance Song: In This Life, by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
This song is one of my favorites because it's the song my husband picked for our first dance together at our reception. He completely surprised me with it, too!
2. Favorite Battle Scene song: O Fortuna
I've literally looked for this song for years. Every time I heard it in a movie, I always wished I knew the name. Well, I found out just a few weeks ago and my battle scenes thank me! (by the way, this one is the shortened version)
3. Favorite Kick-butt song (and yes, this is different from battle scene song because this is appropriate for non-battle type situations that are equally kick-butt): The Beautiful People, by Marilyn Manson
This one has become a favorite since I started writing MORCAH. If you are trying to write dark, this is the song to listen to.
Warning: I didn't realize this before actually reading the lyrics, but there are some swear words in this. So if there are kiddos who read this blog, or even anyone who might be offended, I suggest you not hit the play button on this song.
4. Favorite '80s song: Sweet Dreams, by Eurythmics
Okay, how can you not love this?? It's got a great beat and, and...it's got a great beat! Okay, yes the lyrics are cool, too.
5. Favorite Party Song: Celebration, by Kool & The Gang
Again, how could you not love this? Every time I hear this, I just HAVE to dance. :)
6. Favorite bring-you-almost-to-tears Song: House of the Rising Sun, by The Animals
My parents were hippies (the real kind, not the drugged-out stereotypical kind portrayed by the media), so I grew up loving a lot of this kind of music.
7. Favorite Song From a Movie: The Last March of the Ents from LOTR
There's just so much hope portrayed in this song. I love it!
8. Other Favorite Romance Song: I Need a Hero (from Shrek 2)
This is my song to Gorgeous because, well, he's my hero. :)
9. Favorite Techno Remix Song: Phantom of the Opera
This needs no explanation. Just listen. :)
10. ANOTHER Favorite Song From a Movie: Dancing in the Streets All Night, by Robbi Rob (from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures
When I took ballet in college, my partner and I choreographed a song to this. I've always loved this song. It's so beautiful, and it's in my favorite movie of all time.
Well, I hope you guys enjoyed my selections! Now I'm off to see all the other posts in the blogfest! Have fun!