Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Fun Time! And some NaNo news

First!  The NaNo news!  Day 5 ended last night with 37,173 words!  With an average of 7,000 words a day, I plan to hit 44,000 by tonight!  And I swear, I'm not even close to being the brain dead zombie I was when I rewrote ELEMENTAL (which only saw an average of 5,000 words a day).

I do have my suspicions of how I'm pulling it off this time, and I have plans to tell you readers all about it when the first draft is done.  Right now, though, I have this funny feeling that if I put words to my method, I'll lose it and not work on TALES OF MORCAH for days.  Okay, this isn't just a superstition.  I've actually done this to myself before.  I'm a procrastinator at heart who thrives on excuses.

But!  Today is Saturday Fun Time!  And for all of you new followers (welcome, by the way!), today is the day I post one of my favorite YouTube videos.  Sadly, this template--though I love the scheme--does not let me embed videos.  I don't know why this is.  It just doesn't.  But I promise, I would never give you a link that I didn't think was totally worthwhile.

If you want to laugh until you're sure you've dislocated a rib, click this link.  It is one of my all-time favorite videos, and I've saved it for a special occasion like today.  Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. ok. first of all, that video... a bit disturbing...
    but- WORD COUNT!!!
    you are a monster!
    ohmygoodness!
    i'm just so shocked! excellent work!
    i'm excited to hear the method to the madness- but only when you're done!!!
    type on, little whirlwind, type on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are a LOT of words! That's amazing!

    The video is a little weird, but still, LOL. Berries and cream indeed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, once again you rock! And I'm totally jealous. This is my last weekend to attempt getting into this new wip. If not, I'm jumping ship and starting with a different idea on Monday.

    I wouldn't care if it weren't for the fact I'm ML and feel the pressure to stick with the one story. *sigh* I can't wait to hear your method. I actually think all my plotting stifled my muse. Since I know what's going to happen I don't feel motivated to write and find out how things go. Do you think that's possible?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. I just. *is mind-boggled*

    That's so, so amazing! You totally rock. Good luck reaching your word count today!

    (And yes, I am very much jealous of you. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, blow me away! And here I only have 26K words on my WIP! (non-NaNo) But I like to tidy (not polish) as I go, so I'm not feeling bad. I'll be very curious to see how you get that many words so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, you're amazing! I'm so glad you're doing so well and can't wait to hear about your thoughts on why.

    Keep up the good work!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap did you just say 7000 words a day. No wait...did you just say 7000 words a day? That's awesome! Don't forget to stretch those wrists. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D