Monday, December 17, 2012

To Love or Die in a Steamy-Reamy World Release Day and a Word about Connecticut.

I mentioned last Friday my short story collection would be releasing today (five days earlier than expected!). And today is the day! And I'll share all the lovely links at the bottom of this post.

But first, I want to talk about something else for a moment. I'd made my announcement on Friday long before I heard anything about the devastating tragedy that happened in Connecticut. And I kind of feel like a jerk for being happy about something when we should all be in mourning.

But more than that, I've literally been weeping deep down into my soul since I heard that awful news. And I need to address it because I feel like I'm going to burst.

Every time I look at my kids, I cry for the poor mothers who lost their's. And I cry for the policemen and medical workers who had to find those broken little bodies. It makes me physically sick to think of it all.

And that's just it. We weep as a nation because we've all been pierced by this wound. And it's usually our first inclination to blame something other than the sicko who's responsible. We need to find an answer and a solution. But there is no solution we can come up with. This was evil. Pure evil. And we can come up with a million and one new laws to safeguard ourselves from something like this again, but evil always finds a way. Evil doesn't care about laws. It wants to hurt as much and as deeply as possible.

The only thing we can do right now is mourn and comfort those who mourn with us. Those parents, policemen, medical workers, heck, that whole town, need us to be there for them in any way possible.

I'm mourning today and I needed to share that with you. For all of you who are mourning as well, please know that I am here for you just as I'm sure you're here for me.

Thank you for listening to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now because I'd already promised to share the news about the release of my newest book, I want to give the links to you.

10 Tales of Steampunk Silliness and Spookery.

In the cozy seaside village of Steamville, New Hampshire, an unfaithful zombie, out of control werebots, succubi in corsets, and more wreak havoc in this short story collection.



Now available at Amazon

and

Barnes & Noble for only $.99!

Please help me spread the word today! It's a great gift for all your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. You're right--we have to fight evil...and we have to fight with goodness. Laws help sometimes, but they address symptoms and not the illness.
    Congrats on your release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your book release, Emily.

    I'm mourning too. And I agree with Faith. It's not enough just to mourn.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D