Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Fun Time--Remembrance

You know what?  I wasn't going to say anything along with this video because I just didn't want to get into my personal feelings about this.  But something happened to kinda tick me off, so I'm going to rant.  You guys know I don't normally rant, but today is different, so I'm going to be different.

There are certain things that are particularly important to me.  This day just happens to be one of them.  And you want to know what I'm tired of?  I'm tired of New Yorkers thinking the world revolves around them.  They think that if you weren't personally there during the attacks, then this day means nothing to you.  They think that when we call people to remember this day, we're talking to only them.  I wonder if they remember that the Pentagon was attacked too.  I wonder if they realize that this nation as a whole was attacked on 9/11, not just New York.  I wonder if they realize that those people who died in the attack had family somewhere OTHER than New York.  I wonder if they realize that those people in the planes came from places from around the country.

And I wonder if they are aware of the thousands upon thousands of people who signed up for the military after the attacks who lost brothers and sisters in Afghanistan and Iraq.  That's what happened to me.  And yes, my company lost someone, and yes, I knew him.  And the simple fact is that we wouldn't have gone to either of those countries if this COUNTRY (not just New York) hadn't been attacked.  I know there are people with a different opinion on the matter, but it's just the cold truth that we wouldn't have been there if not for being attacked.

And you know what else I'm tired of?  I'm tired of the stupid people out there blaming ALL Muslims for this and I'm tired of the people who think the terrorists are already gone.  And most importantly, I'm tired of this country being divided the way it is.  The terrorists didn't attack NYC, it attacked the heart of America and the damage they caused has been eating away at us ever since.


5 comments:

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D