Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cookies and The End of the World

Thanks to all you dear readers for your "happy birthdays!"  I told my son about the love and he was very pleased.  We had a great day--spent some time with the family, ate cupcakes, and went to VBS at night.  

And speaking of baked goods...cookies!  Yes, new followers, you are due some sweet goodness as a warm little welcome.  I'm glad you're here and all your comments make my day!  :D

Last week, Victoria Caswell (aka aspiring_x) gave me the End of Days Award.  Ummm...thanks?  Are you you implying something with this?  Is there something I don't know??  

No, actually, I'm very honored she decided to bestow this award upon me.  

There are some rules to this award, though, that I should get to.  Apparently I have to give you readers a glimpse into my psyche and let you know just what I would do if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the world really was going to end on December 12, 2012!!!!  Ahhhh!



Honestly?  I'd cry.  I'm one of those parents people make fun of sometimes who are always freaking out about her kids getting hurt.  Seriously.  It's one of my biggest fears that I'll actually have to see my children suffer and die.  So finding out it's going to happen would make me really depressed.

Other than that, I'd probably squat on somebody's 5,000 acre forested property.  I've always wanted to live in the middle of the woods and because my impending demise would not make me immediately wealthy, I'd have to settle for someone else's property.

And guess who gets this lovely award passed on to them?  Every single new follower from 90+.  It's yours.  Take it!  If today wasn't the start of WriteOnCon, I would name each and every one of you.  But today IS the start of WriteOnCon and I have about fifteen more seconds left to finish this post.  Feel free to give yourself a shout-out in the comments.  And leave your links so everyone can go and visit you!  :D

Have a great day, everyone!

~Emily White


9 comments:

  1. Mmm cupcakes, and congrats on that strange award LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen! And yes, those cupcakes were mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! that was fun! (so glad i passed it on to you!)- i would cry too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, thank you for not letting that cat get to the cookies again.

    If I knew for certain when the world would end, I still wouldn't believe it. I'd still live my life the way I do now, one moment at a time, enjoying the present, because really, the end of the world is always just a possible moment away. If we knew for sure that the world was ending in 2012, then nothing we could do now would matter, so the only thing that could matter is what we do now.
    Living, laughing, loving, and being good to each other. Treasuring every instant.

    And keeping that cat away from the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to add that award to my awards page!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a good sense of humor and awesome blog-cookie baking skills. ;)
    Have fun with Write On Con.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, the End of Days Award is just too funny!

    I'm glad to have found your blog, I really enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I have a cookie, please? It had better be chocolate, however.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's just typical of me to arrive at a new blog on the "end of days"!!! Hopefully, if you're still here tomorrow,inspite of impending doom, I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D