Monday, August 30, 2010

Fairy Tale Blogfest!

UPDATE:  I'm posting finalists tomorrow.  Not Wednesday.  See you there!  :D

It's here!  The day has finally arrived!  Phew!

To be perfectly honest, when I first posted about the blogfest I was a tad terrified nervous that no one would actually sign up.  When the contestants slowly started piling up, I thought well, at least there will be three winners.  And then one day, you guys just started signing up left and right!  It was wonderfully exciting!  I still can't believe how amazing you all have made this!  Thank you soooooo much for making my first blogfest such a success!

Now, let's recap on how this is going to work:

To view the submitted entries, click here.  I'm going to have to take three days to read them all (sorry, but I don't think I could get through them all today :(  ).  So, on Thursday, I will post my five favorite stories for all of you to vote on.  You'll have a week to vote so that on September 8th we'll finally have our winners!

How exciting!

I will not be commenting on anyone's blog posts for the event.  I just wouldn't be able to find the time to comment on everyone's and I don't want anyone to think I'm playing favorites.  That wouldn't have been the case at all, but when winnings are on the line, I know how antsy people can get.  Well actually, I know how antsy I can get and I just assume everyone is like me.  ;)

To kick the event off, I have also written a story!  I chose to do a micro because I don't want to take away from anyone else's stories.  Plus, I talked these little babies up so much, I decided I might as well do one.


Red Riding Hood, Werewolf Hunter

Some poor fool with an axe lied ripped apart at her feet, his blood running against the soles of her boots.  But with her P90 pressed firmly against her shoulder and a round of shots ringing through her ears, Red watched as the last werewolf died.


Now go get to reading the other great stories out there!  :D

~Emily White



25 comments:

  1. Woohoo! The day has finally come! I was super stoked to post my piece this morning for this fabulous blogfest! I'm looking forward to hopping around to the other entries!

    I'm sure I'm in for a real treat! Look forward to hearing from you Thursday! Good Luck reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. It will be interesting to see how many different genres show up in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I've put my entry up! :) Loved your little micro-entry. I picked Red Riding Hood, too! Great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED your micro! very fun (she could be Buffy's side-kick- but then Oz better watch out!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! This blogfest is super fun!! Thank you so much for hosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, I loved that micro!! I hope you have a good time reading all of the entries. I've been having a great time so far! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's starting to look like there's going to be a lot of bad-a Red Riding Hoods to read about. Not that I'd ever complain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm...i think that needs to be a novel. like right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, loved it!

    Thanks for hosting. I finally have mine up. I was scrambling for sure, but at least it started me writing again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting this. I was a little late, but my entry has been posted now. Can't wait to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just read through everyone who has posted theirs. Great stuff - excellent contest, Emily! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great micro! Thanks for hosting this fun blogfest. I really had to stretch to do this which is prize enough! I usually read all posts in a blogfest, so I'm looking forward to see what everyone comes up with! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so exciting! Thanks for hosting! I'm glad Hannah told me about it before it was over :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Short and to the point. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahaha! Go Red with your P90 :D

    Thanks for hosting this 'fest, Emily! It was so much fun to participate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was sooooo much fun! I only wish I had another week to finetune my tale. The idea came to me late and I rushed to complete it in time. I'm off to read the others now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL that's great. Red the hunter. I have a different kind of Red in mine ; )

    Thanx for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea for a blogfest. I'm sorry I didn't discover your blog until now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Emily - mine was also posted on the 29th, just to make sure it's not buried later in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the range of entries with this Blogfest! Thanks for hosting, it was a really open book which was good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun! I wish I'd found it sooner so I could participate! I'll definitely be checking out everyone's stories and hope I can catch your next blogfest! From what I've read so far, you have your work cut out for you in determining a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've had a great time reading the blogfest entries today, what a fabulous contest this has been!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just heard about your contest from Rebecca and flew to my laptop to write... it's 11:29pm on Monday and I am about to post... hope I made it in time! :D What a great contest!

    Lindsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jai--I know! I'm still kind of in awe.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D