Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Countdown to August 30th! And other good things


Seven days and counting until the Fairy Tale Blogfest/Contest!  If you haven't signed up yet, what is wrong with you??  :D

Recap on the prizes:

1st Place--$100 gift certificate to B&N OR Amazon

2nd Place--Need, by Carrie Jones (Amazing, by the way.  Seriously, if Stephen King did YA, this is what he'd come up with) and a partylite votive holder (for those quiet reading moments).

3rd Place--A character in Hansel and Gretel based on you.  

Amazing, aren't they?!  Yes.  So sign up if you haven't already!  And if you have, get to working on those stories!  :D

Other good things:

The Erratic Muse is giving away The Art & Craft of Writing Christian Fiction.  Who doesn't love winning free stuff?  Head on over and good luck!


Any cool stuff you wish to inform the blogging world about?  Feel free to do so in the comments!  Sharing blog love is always a good thing.

~Emily White


9 comments:

  1. Kate Kaynak is giving away a signed copy of her newest novel ADVERSARY http://thedisgruntledbear.blogspot.com/2010/08/virtual-launch-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have most of my entry written and now I want to change a bunch. I hope you like it!! It has definitely been fun to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote mine last night and it was such a rush! I have been focused on my WiP for so long it was good to step away... and twisting my fairy tale was such a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have not started on my story yet...hopefully a rush of inspiration will kick me in the rear-end this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid I'm too brain dead for any contests or major writing until September. For now, I'm trying to catch up on blog reading and prepping for son's back-to-school. Best of luck to everyone who is participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited about your blogfest!!! I just finished my piece and I'm dying to share it!!! I've even made sure to make a clearing on my Featured Writer's Weeks to fit it in!!

    I am praying that you love it!!!! I would love to win the gift card but I will say that through this blog fest I've learned more about myself as a writer and how much fun writing is (which I already knew!)

    Can't wait!! (Can you tell I'm excited?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't have time to write anything for the contest, but I'm looking forward to reading all the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! I wrote two possible entries for the fairy-tale blogfest, and have posted the one I'm NOT going to enter over on my blog. Just to get people in the mood :-). I'll post my actual entry on Monday with everyone else. I'm loving this contest idea, twisted fairy-tales are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D