Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fairy Tale Month Continued, Plus Other Exciting Things!

If you have not yet signed up for my Fairy Tale Blogfest/Contest, what are you waiting for??  How can you possibly miss out on an opportunity to win a $100 giftcard to B&N??  Or Need, by Carrie Jones??  That book is awesome, by the way.  If Stephen King wrote YA, this is what he'd come up with.  Seriously.  And who doesn't want to be immortalized in print by being an actual character?

Also, I'd really appreciate it if you guys snagged my pretty little picture over there and put it in your sidebar to link to the blogfest.  The more the merrier, right?  I'll give cookies if you do, and I promise not to eat them this time. ;)

And, I'm going to have to retract a statement I made on my original blogfest post.  Micro stories are 50 words or less, not 100.  I've already fixed my post, but I wanted to let you guys know here, too.  For more on what micro stories actually are, check out this website.  Here's an example from the site just in case you don't want to click:

"The magician was going to disappear in front of his audience,but he chickened out and turned to jello."


So, there it is.  A story that takes minutes to write for all you very busy people out there.  And just so you know, I happen to love micro stories just as much as I love regular flash fiction, so my opinion will in no way be biased against you if you go this route.



That Exciting News I mentioned in the Title:



I've changed the title of Aurumenas to...

...

...

...

Elemental.

I'm loving the change so far.  The title seems so much more vivid now.  What do you guys think?

Oh, and I've also changed my MC's name from Nathadria to Ella.

Now, on to the fairy tale!

The Griffin:


I was actually going to summarize this, but it there are too many important details.  So instead, here is a link to the whole story.  It's a very good one.  I highly recommend you read it.

~Emily White

10 comments:

  1. what a tale! LOL
    and you know i LOVE Elemental!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both titles actually, but would have to read the story to decide which is more fitting, though Elemental does probably have a broader appeal right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vic! I'm definitely loving the new title, too. :D

    Matthew--I like the original, but it doesn't say much about the story until you get practically to the end. Elemental describes it perfectly. I'm glad you like them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lynda! I'm definitely happy with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elemental sounds like a great new title. Win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both the title change and the character name change! Great choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. emily! fun award for you at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Brandi! Yeah, I really liked Nathadria, too, but it's more appropriate for the adult market than it is for YA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D