Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for Brown, Jennifer


A little note for everyone stopping by for the A to Z challenge:

First off, hi! Welcome! Look around, have fun. My posts will be short this month, but they'll be following a theme: Books and Authors. I'll be showcasing some of my favorites within those categories. But I'll also be having some special posts regarding the release of my debut novel, Elemental, from time to time. Make sure you stop back on Tuesday for "C is for Come and Get it!" where I'll be going over the details of a signed ARC giveaway. Also look to the right for an ARC giveaway that is already going on. :)


Bio:

Two-time winner of the Erma Bombeck Global Humor Award (2005 & 2006), Jennifer's weekly humor column appeared in The Kansas City Star for over four years, until she gave it up to be a full-time young adult novelist. 

Jennifer's debut novel, HATE LIST (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2009) received three starred reviews and was selected as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults, a VOYA "Perfect Ten," and a School Library Journal Best Book of the Year. HATE LIST also won the Michigan Library Association's Thumbs Up! Award, was an honorable mention for the 2011 Arkansas Teen Book Award, is a YALSA 2012 Popular Paperback, received spots on the Texas Library Association's Taysha's high school reading list as well as the Missouri Library Association's Missouri Gateway Awards list, and has been nominated for the Oklahoma Sequoyah Award. Jennifer's second novel, BITTER END, (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2011) received starred reviews from Publishers Weekly and VOYA and is listed on the YALSA 2012 Best Fiction for Young Adults list and is a 2012 Taysha's high school reading list pick as well.



Wow, let me tell you something. Hate List rocked my world. You need to read it. And if you didn't know who Jennifer Brown was before today, you need to check out her books.

18 comments:

  1. I admit. I need to check out her books. Thanks for letting me know about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Another author, more books to read! It couldn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this one is on my to read list. I have had several students reading it and the feedback has been really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought her book Hate List a while back but have yet to get to it. Guess I better hurry up and make some time. Great post and happy A-Z blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i adored HATE LIST. one of the best books i've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hate List was incredible! Thanks for sharing author's info!

    Happy Monday!
    Jaycee's A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, I came from the A-Z Challenge list...
    I LOVE Hate List. I read it after I finished my own novel (which I generally pitch as being appealing to Hate List lovers lol), and it was INCREDIBLE. I liked her next book BITTER END and I look forward to PERFECT ESCAPE (May 2012), but I am super super looking forward to THOUSAND WORDS (2013) which tackles a sex-video scandal and teens.
    Happy blogging, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've put all her books on my TBR pile. She is an amazing writer. :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for introducing us to Jennifer. Hate List is on my to be read pile. great A-Z post!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome theme for the A to Z Challenge!

    Thanks for the review on Jennifer. Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. look forward to your input of great reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the introduction to Jennifer. She's been busy!

    Have fun with the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moan....my TBR list is getting SOOOOOO long!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I have to go and check this book out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hate List sounds interesting. My best friend and I had a hate list in college...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope your hate list didn't end as badly as this one... :o

      ;)

      Delete
  15. This sounds like a great book and amazing author. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your book launch.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D