Monday, April 23, 2012

T is For Twisted

A little note for everyone stopping by for the A to Z challenge:

First off, hi! Welcome! Look around, have fun. My posts will be short this month, but they'll be following a theme: Books and Authors. I'll be showcasing some of my favorites within those categories. But I'll also be having some special posts regarding the release of my debut novel, Elemental, from time to time.




High school senior Tyler Miller used to be the kind of guy who faded into the background—average student, average looks, average dysfunctional family. But since he got busted for doing graffiti on the school, and spent the summer doing outdoor work to pay for it, he stands out like you wouldn’t believe. His new physique attracts the attention of queen bee Bethany Milbury, who just so happens to be his father’s boss’s daughter, the sister of his biggest enemy—and Tyler’s secret crush. And that sets off a string of events and changes that have Tyler questioning his place in the school, in his family, and in the world.

In Twisted, the acclaimed Laurie Halse Anderson tackles a very controversial subject: what it means to be a man today. Fans and new readers alike will be captured by Tyler’s pitch perfect, funny voice, the surprising narrative arc, and the thoughtful moral dilemmas that are at the heart of all of the author’s award-winning, widely read work.


Let's get this straight: I LOVE Laurie Halse Anderson and everything she writes. This book is no different. It is so gut wrenching with such realistic characters I couldn't put it down for even one moment. And I like my sleep. I don't stay up for ANYTHING. But I did for this.


This is another YA Contemporary you need to check out. Enjoy!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm definitely adding it to my list. I hadn't even heard about the book until this post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing this book around. I'll have to check it out :)

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this a long time ago, and while I didn't (OMG!) love it, I thought it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, another book to pile on the TBR list. I think I'm up to like 100 or more now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't heard of this. Contemporary YA isn't usually my favorite, but you make this sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds fascinating and intense (as her books are)! Love the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D