Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for Andrew Smith

A little note for everyone stopping by for the A to Z challenge:

First off, hi! Welcome! Look around, have fun. My posts will be short this month, but they'll be following a theme: Books and Authors. I'll be showcasing some of my favorites within those categories. But I'll also be having some special posts regarding the release of my debut novel, Elemental, from time to time. Make sure you stop back on Tuesday for "C is for Come and Get it!" where I'll be going over the details of a signed ARC giveaway. Also look to the right for an ARC giveaway that is already going on. :)


Andrew Smith. He is a brilliant writer. I've only read The Marbury Lens so far, but this guy has me hooked. I love his gut-wrenching style. 

Here's a little bit about him from Macmillan.com

Andrew Smith is the author of Ghost Medicine and The Marbury Lens, both of which were named American Library Association Best Books for Young Adults. He is also the author of In the Path of Falling Objects. Smith started writing for newspapers and radio. He then traveled around the world and from job to job, working in metal mills, as a longshoreman, in bars and liquor stores, in security and as a musician. Now, in addition to writing, he teaches high school advanced placement classes and coaches rugby. He lives in Southern California with his family, in a rural location in the mountains.

If you haven't read his books, I highly suggest you check them out.

21 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by Andrew, and he doesn't appear to be on my list...
    But I'm adding him right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got The Marbury Lens on my list... I'll have to look into the others too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about this book, but never read it. I'll have to. Great theme BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely adding Andrew to my reading list. Thanks for sharing him and congrats on Elemental. Here's to huge successes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was only just introduced to Andrew by Matthew MacNish a week or so ago. And I just got an email from Amazon saying they've shipped my order, which means I'll be getting THE MARBURY LENS next week!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading the Marbury Lens right now. Great book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting A

    Here is mine
    http://pa-ul.blogspot.com/2012/03/z-artists.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read him yet....but MARBURY LENS is on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's on my TBR pile. I may have to bump it up in the queue!

    Happy A-Zing!

    My A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of his stuff.. will have to check him out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm...haven't heard of it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Emily. I hadn't met this author before so thanks for the intro. Thanks for visiting/commenting on my Ann Best post. I've followed you both on google friend and network blogs. Great to be part of the A-Z.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read anything by Andrew but The Marbury lens has been on my list for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the author/book theme! Will add this to my TBR list.
    Can't wait to read the rest of your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have to check that out! :) Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to get a copy of Passenger!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i really want to read STICK.
    the unusual formatting of the text to echo the mc's auditory problems intrigues me sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tip, Emily. I always love a good book recommendation, and I haven't heard of Andrew before so it's good to get to know about other great autors out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been wanting to read The Marbury Lens for a while now. Your cover for Elemental looks beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Emily I've stopped by from the A-Z Challenge. I'm Rachel and I also write YA! :-) I LOVE Marsbury Lens. I read it as an ARC and talked about it to everyone I know. I call it a trippy-drug-ish book that is too crazy to explain properly, lol. But it's true!!!! LOL! Hope you are doing well and I'll be back soon to read what you have your next letters :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That is true. What a great description! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D