Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is for Daisy Whitney

A little note for everyone stopping by for the A to Z challenge:

First off, hi! Welcome! Look around, have fun. My posts will be short this month, but they'll be following a theme: Books and Authors. I'll be showcasing some of my favorites within those categories. But I'll also be having some special posts regarding the release of my debut novel, Elemental, from time to time. Also look to the right for another ARC giveaway that is going on. :)


Update: The winner of the twitter and facebook giveaway (i.e. the lucky winner of a SIGNED arc of Elemental) is...


Joshua!!!!


Congratulations! I'll be contacting you through your twitter account soon.




Bio (pulled from here):


By day, Daisy Whitney is a producer, on-air correspondent, podcaster and raconteur in the new media business. At night, she writes novels for teens and is the author of The Mockingbirds, out now from Little, Brown


I've read The Mockingbirds, but haven't yet picked up its sequel, The Rivals. I will soon fix this mistake, though! If you like Contemporary YA fiction, I think you'll love Daisy Whitney's work. The book I've read was very gut-wrenching and beautifully written. 


Check her out!

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read either of Daisy's books yet, though I heard The Mockingbirds was good. Interesting to hear about her day job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding new great authors-- thanks for the tip!

    I will definitely be back to see more of your recommendations.......

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check into these. (Yet more books to read? Will it ever end? I hope not.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read RIVALS while on vacation. You HAVE to read it. I couldn't put it down. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Mockingbirds and haven't picked up Rivals yet (I know I know) but I am SUPER excited for her 3rd book which is a male point of view traveling I believe to Japan to find his mother. SQUEE!! I love travel books and boy-books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for introducing us to Daisy Whiteny! good luck to her and her book The Mockingbirds!

    Stephen Tremp
    Co-host A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOHOO!! Now I need to get a lottery ticket. Producer? On-Air Correspondent? Podcaster? Author? I feel like such a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Joshua! And nice to learn about Daisy W! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Joshua! And thanks for the rec! :D

    Happy Hump Day!
    My D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read more contemporary YA

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok.
    i'm adding it to the tbr...
    now, did you say podcaster????

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D