Monday, April 16, 2012

N is For Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman

A little note for everyone stopping by for the A to Z challenge:

First off, hi! Welcome! Look around, have fun. My posts will be short this month, but they'll be following a theme: Books and Authors. I'll be showcasing some of my favorites within those categories. But I'll also be having some special posts regarding the release of my debut novel, Elemental, from time to time.   




Blurb (from Goodreads):


When Richard Mayhew stops one day to help a girl he finds bleeding on a London pavement, his life is forever altered, for he finds himself propelled into an alternative reality that exists in a subterranean labyrinth of sewer canals and abandoned subway stations. He has fallen through the cracks of reality and has landed somewhere different, somewhere that is Neverwhere.


Neverwhere is brilliant. The writing is beautiful, the story is unique. And let's face it, this is written by Neil Gaiman, so you know it's good. I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book, but honestly, I probably would have bought it anyway. 

If you haven't read this yet (or anything by Neil Gaiman), I highly suggest you add this to the list.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. *Added* Sounds wonderful!

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. "no good deed, goes unpunished"--comes to mind--sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the suggestion - the book sounds great. And I'm kind of embarrassed to say I've never read the author. I will check him out.

    Michelle :)
    www.michelle-pickett.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a great book by SUCH a dreamy author... did i say dreamy? i meant talented...
    yeah.
    that.
    (actually both)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a guy who lands in a sewer? I'm totally reading this, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at Neil Gaiman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Neverwhere!!! It's a close second for my favorite Neil Gaiman book. Stardust won it for me with the wonderful graphic novel and the bittersweet ending that the movie totally cut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Neil Gaiman. I have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've gotta get this one on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was sucked into the London Underground alternate world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, ooh! I love this book. It was my first intro to Neil Gaimon, and I adored his writing style (though it's not YA). I was fascinated all the way through. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D