Friday, April 13, 2012

L is For Living Dead Girl

A little note for everyone stopping by for the A to Z challenge:

First off, hi! Welcome! Look around, have fun. My posts will be short this month, but they'll be following a theme: Books and Authors. I'll be showcasing some of my favorites within those categories. But I'll also be having some special posts regarding the release of my debut novel, Elemental, from time to time. 




Blurb taken from Goodreads:


"Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared.
Once upon a time, my name was not Alice.
Once upon a time, I didn't know how lucky I was."
When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends -- her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.
Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.
This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.



This book is brilliant. And disturbing. It's not something you pick up if you're looking for a light read. But it's a book everyone should read. The writing style is so beautiful and unique. I seriously can not recommend this book enough.


Read it. With tissues. Trust me. 


Have a great Friday, everyone!!

9 comments:

  1. i have no doubt it is written beautifully it sounds already, inspired---don't know if i could read it though---to hard to hear maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sounds like a really intense read! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a dark book...not sure what it says about me. Can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Lynn. There's enough darkness in the world as it is. I need light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, i definitely want to read this! But now i'm going to have ROb Zombie's Living Dead Girl in my head allllll day

    ReplyDelete
  6. not sure I'm up for a tissue box read but those often are the best....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure this as as much a tissue box read as a "lock your doors and don't watch Dateline for awhile" read. I met the author at a book conference last fall and was fascinated to hear about her experience writing this and how she wanted to tell the story of an abducted girl. I read this in 2 sittings - thank goodness it's short. I had a hard time with the subject matter, but having said that I think it's an important book. The abduction and abuse was handled so well, not exploitative. I almost think teenagers would have an easier time reading this than adults who fear for their children.

    A powerful book but a disturbing one. Thanks for sharing - I'm stopping by for the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been on my TBR pile forever but I never get around to it. Maybe I need to bump it.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D